Sunday, January 22, 2006
  Comments on "Sole"-ful Story
Way back in October I did a post about Erin Vader of Bowling Green State University and Sgt Gilbert Zepeda and their work with "Soles for Souls," a project to provide shoes for Iraqi children. Last week I received the following comments from Erin.
"I just read this while I was working on collecting stories about our project for a research paper for someone else. Very cool. Thanks for the compliments. By the way, the project is over. Gil is back on American soil, and we collected upwards of 7,000 pairs of shoes from 25 states in a matter of months. :) It went well. Thanks for the support."
So congratulations to Ms. Vader and Sgt Gilbert for a job well done, and many thanks for proving that, as always, America is the greatest and the best nation on Earth!
 
Comments:
I think we can ALL agree on that one James..God bless the USA!..I'm def one of the believers in Love it er Leave it...:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home


Keeping the Faith

My Photo
Name:
Location: alexandria, Virginia, United States

Retired from the US Air Force after more than 20 years of service. Now working as a contractor for various government agencies.

E-mail RightFace!

Blogs I Read
  • - In My Right Mind
  • - From Behind the Badge
  • - Championable
  • - The Dawn Patrol
  • - The BoBo Files
  • - Breakfast At Tiffany's
  • - Not Fainthearted
  • - ABBAGirl 74
  • - RennRatt
  • - From My Position - Capt. Chuck Z.
  • - Michael Yon - Dispatches from the Front
  • - DadManly
  • - BlackFive
  • - Captain's Quarters
  • LINKS
  • National Review
  • Weekly Standard
  • TownHall
  • Blue Eagle Columnist Round-Up
  • Max Boot, Council on Foreign Relations

  • PREVIOUS POSTS
    ARCHIVES