Wednesday, July 26, 2006
  "I Wish I Hadn't Said That"
I learned something before 6:30 this morning: Discretion is sometimes the better part of valor ... and free speech!

On my way in to the Pentagon from the Metro I noticed an Air Force Staff Sergeant looking lost. I asked if she needed any help and she said it was her first time at the Pentagon. Turns out she's here TDY (temporary duty) from Texas. Also turns out she's here to serve on the current Uniform Board. How did she get lucky enough to be selected? Well it seems she wrote a letter to the Air Force Times a while back giving her opinion on the proposed t-shirt for the new Airmen Battle Uniform (tan with Air Force on the back). She described it to me as "hideous." Anyway next thing she knew she had been picked to serve on the Uniform Board that's meeting here.

So the take away is, don't write a letter to the Air Force times complaining about anything the Air Force is doing. Somebody may be watching.
 
Comments:
What was it my grandpaw used to say.... "be careful what you wish for...." lol

But she's right. Those new shirt designs have got to be some of the most assinine I've seen.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home


Keeping the Faith

My Photo
Name:
Location: alexandria, Virginia, United States

Retired from the US Air Force after more than 20 years of service. Now working as a contractor for various government agencies.

E-mail RightFace!

Blogs I Read
  • - In My Right Mind
  • - From Behind the Badge
  • - Championable
  • - The Dawn Patrol
  • - The BoBo Files
  • - Breakfast At Tiffany's
  • - Not Fainthearted
  • - ABBAGirl 74
  • - RennRatt
  • - From My Position - Capt. Chuck Z.
  • - Michael Yon - Dispatches from the Front
  • - DadManly
  • - BlackFive
  • - Captain's Quarters
  • LINKS
  • National Review
  • Weekly Standard
  • TownHall
  • Blue Eagle Columnist Round-Up
  • Max Boot, Council on Foreign Relations

  • PREVIOUS POSTS
    ARCHIVES