So, Are You For Tyrants?
Today's forecast called for beautiful weather so I wasn't too surprised to see a handful of "peace" protestors standing outside the Pentagon when I got off the Metro.
Here's a few of the things I'd like to walk over and say to them if I had as much right of free speech as they do.
- "You're welcome."
- "Thank you for making use of the freedoms those of us who work here are defending."
- "Welcome back!" (These people can only be found in perfect weather. Rain, snow or cold keeps them indoors. Aren't you glad the Defense Department doesn't operate like that!)
- "I'm sorry to see there's only nine of you out today. Where's Cindy?"
- "Do you find it ironic or hypocritical that you are protesting the very people and establishment that protects your right to protest?"
- One held a sign that said, LOVE YOUR ENEMIES. "I do love my enemies. But I love you more."
Seriously, these people and their lack of critical thinking skills aggravate me, but at least they are making use of the freedoms that I work every day to provide for them. So I appreciate their efforts to let me know that my service isn't in vain. After I retire I'd love to come by and chat with these people and try and get inside their heads … or at least under their skins.DISCLAIMER: The photo above is a generic protest photo and not of my particular protest buddies. Hard to snap a pic 20 feet from the front of the Pentagon.