Wednesday, October 05, 2005
  Please Visit Camp Katrina
Just received an e-mail from a soldier/comrade, Phil, who has been deployed to New Orleans, making a difference (As our soldiers always do!) in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.
"I am a soldier in the Army National Guard and recently returned from deployment in New Orleans in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. We have created a blog, Camp Katrina, which shares stories and pictures from soldiers who served in operation Vigilant Relief. ... I want to let the public know what a great job our military is doing in the south."
My pleasure, Phil, to help in whatever small way that I can. As I've mentioned before, my friend Clay and I have been volunteering at a local shelter for evacuees, so this is a cause close to my heart. Please go on over and read about these wonderful Americans and the great work they did coming to the rescue of their countrymen.
Here's a comment from one of Phil's readers, and beneficaries: "I met several [Ohio] MP's while I was working at the Fire Department in Nicholson, Mississippi. ... And do know that we all here in Mississippi have appreciated all that you have done and are still doing to help us get back to somewhat of a normal life again. Things are getting better as each day goes by."
Thank you Phil, and all your soldiers, for your spirit of volunteerism, service and sacrifice. It is appreciated by every real American.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home


Keeping the Faith

My Photo
Name:
Location: alexandria, Virginia, United States

Retired from the US Air Force after more than 20 years of service. Now working as a contractor for various government agencies.

E-mail RightFace!

Blogs I Read
  • - In My Right Mind
  • - From Behind the Badge
  • - Championable
  • - The Dawn Patrol
  • - The BoBo Files
  • - Breakfast At Tiffany's
  • - Not Fainthearted
  • - ABBAGirl 74
  • - RennRatt
  • - From My Position - Capt. Chuck Z.
  • - Michael Yon - Dispatches from the Front
  • - DadManly
  • - BlackFive
  • - Captain's Quarters
  • LINKS
  • National Review
  • Weekly Standard
  • TownHall
  • Blue Eagle Columnist Round-Up
  • Max Boot, Council on Foreign Relations

  • PREVIOUS POSTS
    ARCHIVES