- The 1987-88 Anfal campaign, a depopulation plan in which hundreds of thousands of Kurds were killed or expelled from northern Iraq.This is pretty similar to a list I presented over at Wizbang! in response to some nimrod named "Conor"
- Mortar bombardment of the city of Kirkuk.
- Saddam's suppression of a Shiite uprising following the first Gulf War, which resulted in thousands buried in mass graves.
- Forced emigration of thousands of Fayli (Shiite) Kurds, who were pushed from northern Iraq into Iran.
- The killing of an estimated 5,000 people in a 1988 chemical weapons attack on Halabja, a Kurdish town.
- The execution of 8,000 members of the Barzani tribe, a powerful Kurdish community.
- The 1990 invasion of Kuwait, which Iraqi forces occupied for seven months.
- Execution of prominent political and religious figures.
- Crimes against religious and secular political parties.
- The drying of the southern marshes, following the 1991 Shiite uprising, in which Saddam ordered the building of dams, canals and dikes to drain the Mesopotamian marshlands between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.
[Saddam Hussein was] a tyrant who:
- had tortured, poisoned and murdered thousands of his own citizens
- committed genocide against ethnic groups (Kurds, Ma'dan, Shia) in his country
- invaded and warred against his neighbors
- developed and stockpiled numerous types of WMDs
- used WMDs against those neighbors and ethnic groups
- ruined vast areas of his country (the systematic attacks against the habitat of the Ma'dan or "Marsh Arabs" in Mesopotamia)
- built a nuclear reactor
- sought to attain an offensive nuclear capability
- violated numerous UN sanctions for 12 years
- committed acts of war and agression against the nations enforcing said sanctions
- repeatedly refused to allow inspections of his country to verify his compliance with said sanctions
- paid rewards to the families of "Palestinian" terrorists who murder innocent civilians
- provided safe haven to terrorists like Abu Nibal, while he trained the 9/11 hijacker Mohammed Atta in Baghdad
- maintaining diplomatic contacts with Al-Qaeda and the 9/11 hijackers
- used his own military instructors to train Al Qaeda operatives in Iraq
- impermissible discrimination in regard to fair and necessary distribution of food and health care to the people of Iraq.
More than enough reason to go to war against Saddam's regime and liberate the people of Iraq.
Retired from the US Air Force after more than 20 years of service. Now working as a contractor for various government agencies.