Sunday, September 14, 2008
  Taking the Lord's Name in Vain
I'm quoting the following by permission (with a minor edit) because I think it is such a flawless rebuttal of the recent nonsense comparing Obama with Jesus (and I don't mean those excellent McCain ads).
I just saw something that was about the stupidest sentiment ever.
Attention Sarah Palin:
Jesus Christ was a Community Organizer.
Pontius Pilate was a Governor.
Are you freaking kidding me?

No, I'm not arguing the Biblical accuracy of Pilate being a Governor...he was Governor of Judea. Fine.

What I am going to take offense at is calling Jesus a Community Organizer. It's a whole long road from traveling around to bring people the Word of God to "organizing." Although I'm sure Obama would like to be able to raise people from the dead (he'd get more votes), walk on water (sure would help to visit the idiots who refuse to evacuate ahead of the hurricanes), and turn water into wine (this is self-evident), I'm kinda thinking he'd leave the game long before taking on anyone else's sins. Referring to Jesus as a Community Organizer would be akin to labeling Hillary as a non-partisan moderate - it just ain't right, man.

Let me, perhaps, offer a better example of a Community Organizer:

* He organized people to fight the standards of the government he perceived as mismanaged and wrongheaded.
* He gathered supporters for the cause of regaining national pride through charismatic speeches and using inflated promises and statistics to gain followers.
* He wrote a memoir before ever really achieving anything in life.
* He was not actually a part of the demographic he sought to represent.

Who was he? Adolf Hitler.
Scared yet? Of course, no one on the Left will be able to grasp the logic of this. That's because they all know, Bush is Hitler!

The above is from Breakfast at Tiffany's
 
Comments:
Thanks for the link! The comparisons really are scary...as I've told another commenter on my blog, I wouldn't foresee the same demonic ending to an Obama presidency, but the comparisons up front are just plain spooky!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home


Keeping the Faith

My Photo
Name:
Location: alexandria, Virginia, United States

Retired from the US Air Force after more than 20 years of service. Now working as a contractor for various government agencies.

E-mail RightFace!

Blogs I Read
  • - In My Right Mind
  • - From Behind the Badge
  • - Championable
  • - The Dawn Patrol
  • - The BoBo Files
  • - Breakfast At Tiffany's
  • - Not Fainthearted
  • - ABBAGirl 74
  • - RennRatt
  • - From My Position - Capt. Chuck Z.
  • - Michael Yon - Dispatches from the Front
  • - DadManly
  • - BlackFive
  • - Captain's Quarters
  • LINKS
  • National Review
  • Weekly Standard
  • TownHall
  • Blue Eagle Columnist Round-Up
  • Max Boot, Council on Foreign Relations

  • PREVIOUS POSTS
    ARCHIVES