Wednesday, May 30, 2007
 
Well, I'm in Afghanistan for a little while. Took about 2 days worth of air travel to get here, including the worst flights I've EVER had. A word of advice, never fly Azerbaijan Airlines.

Gator Alley

Here's a picture of one of the main streets on base here.

All in all it's not too bad, although you know you've really stepped into another world when the captain who picks you up at the airport gives you a description of the suspected suicide bomber you need to keep an eye out for.

Room

Here's a picture of a typical room. The one I live in isn't typical since I share it with about 20 other guys, it has no TV, and no wall locker or dresser. Not too bad, except at 0300 when you've got to go. The latrine is about 50 yards away in another building.

I'll post more later and get some pictures of my own up as soon as I have some.
 
Comments:
dude, be careful for that fella. The pictures didn't show up on my screen but I'll take your word on the scenery. Do you need to put on a vest to make a run for the john?
 
Holy smokes, James. I didn't see the date on this, at first, and thought you were in Afghanistan this very second.

First I was like: whoa.

Then I was like: he has time for Political Quizzes?!?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home


Keeping the Faith

My Photo
Name:
Location: alexandria, Virginia, United States

Retired from the US Air Force after more than 20 years of service. Now working as a contractor for various government agencies.

E-mail RightFace!

Blogs I Read
  • - In My Right Mind
  • - From Behind the Badge
  • - Championable
  • - The Dawn Patrol
  • - The BoBo Files
  • - Breakfast At Tiffany's
  • - Not Fainthearted
  • - ABBAGirl 74
  • - RennRatt
  • - From My Position - Capt. Chuck Z.
  • - Michael Yon - Dispatches from the Front
  • - DadManly
  • - BlackFive
  • - Captain's Quarters
  • LINKS
  • National Review
  • Weekly Standard
  • TownHall
  • Blue Eagle Columnist Round-Up
  • Max Boot, Council on Foreign Relations

  • PREVIOUS POSTS
    ARCHIVES