Sunday, April 24, 2005
  In the Company of Heroes
Just sitting here thinking about the war.

I have two friends who are in Iraq fighting the war right now. They will both be there for several more months.
.

So far 10 other friends are getting ready to go to various places to fight the war on terror. I watched "Black Hawk Down" this afternoon. Got me to thinking about what those guys are getting into, and what might be in store for me in the future.

I have no desire to be a hero, but I hope that if a moment like that ever comes that I have the courage to do the right thing.

Serving with those who are called on, and willing, to defend this country makes me proud just to be associated with them. May God bless all our men and women who stand in harm's way to defend our families, and may God ever continue to bless the United States of America.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home


Keeping the Faith

My Photo
Name:
Location: alexandria, Virginia, United States

Retired from the US Air Force after more than 20 years of service. Now working as a contractor for various government agencies.

E-mail RightFace!

Blogs I Read
  • - In My Right Mind
  • - From Behind the Badge
  • - Championable
  • - The Dawn Patrol
  • - The BoBo Files
  • - Breakfast At Tiffany's
  • - Not Fainthearted
  • - ABBAGirl 74
  • - RennRatt
  • - From My Position - Capt. Chuck Z.
  • - Michael Yon - Dispatches from the Front
  • - DadManly
  • - BlackFive
  • - Captain's Quarters
  • LINKS
  • National Review
  • Weekly Standard
  • TownHall
  • Blue Eagle Columnist Round-Up
  • Max Boot, Council on Foreign Relations

  • PREVIOUS POSTS
    ARCHIVES